CompTIA Security+ SYO-601 is the latest version of the exam to validate the baseline technical skills required for cybersecurity professionals. The Security+ SYO-601 training program aims to provide hands-on knowledge on all the five domains of the SYO-601 exam. The candidates will learn the latest threats, attacks & vulnerabilities, risk mitigation concepts, how-to architecture secure hybrid environment, incidence response and governance, and compliance—the training course aid participants in getting through the Security+ SYO-601 exam in their first attempt.
The CompTIA security+ SY0-601 course highlights the basic knowledge needed to perform IT security functions. It focuses on the practical skillset required to solve a variety of problems and tackle issues. The course covers the latest updates and market trends on risk management and mitigation, how to respond to threats and treat them, and various auditing and penetration testing skills.
Cybersecurity attacks continue to grow at a rapid pace. Therefore, more job roles are required to equip with baseline security readiness and response to modern-day security threats. The latest Changes in CompTIA Security+ certification reflect skills relevant to these job roles and prepare candidates to be more proactive in preventing potential cyber-attacks.
CompTIA Security+ is chosen by the defense organizations and corporations more than any other certification in the market. It validates core security skills and fulfills DoD 8570 compliance. Security+ is an entry-level cybersecurity certification emphasizing hands-on practical skills, ensuring that the candidate is better prepared to handle a wider variety of today’s security-related complex issues.
More employers turn to CompTIA Security+ SYO-601 to baseline Cybersecurity skills applicable across most of today’s job roles. Security+ focuses on the latest trends and techniques – covering the most core technical skills in incident response, risk assessment, management, forensics, hybrid/cloud operations, enterprise networks, and security controls to make sure high-performance on the job.
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, and a minimum of 2 year’s experience in IT security administration. (Not Mandatory)
Security+ SYO-601 Course Objectives
Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities :
- Compare and contrast different methods of social engineering techniques.
- Learn about potential indicators to determine the type of attack.
- Explain different threat actors, intelligence sources, and Vectors.
- Explain the security-related concerns associated with different types of vulnerabilities.
- Summarize techniques used in security assessments.
- Explain the strategies that are used in penetration testing
Architecture and Design:
- Importance of security concepts in an organization environment
- Summarize virtualization and cloud computing concepts, secure application development, deployment, and automation concepts
- Summarize authentication and authorization design concepts and the basics of cryptographic concepts.
- Implement cybersecurity resilience
- Explain the security implications of physical security controls and embedded and specialized systems
- Implement secure protocols, host or application security solutions, and secure network designs
- Comprehend how to install and configure wireless security settings and how to apply cybersecurity solutions to the cloud
- Implement authentication and authorization solutions and identity and account management controls
- Understand implementing public key infrastructure (PKI)
Operations and Incident Response
- Use the appropriate tool for assessing the organizational Security
- Learn about the importance of policies, processes, and procedures for incident response
- Utilize relevant data sources to support investigations
- How to implement mitigation techniques or controls to secure an environment
- Explain key aspects of digital forensics
Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Compare and contrast different types of controls
- Explain the necessity of standards or frameworks, applicable regulations that impact the organizational security posture
- Explain the importance of policies to corporate Security
- Summarize risk management processes and concepts
- Explain privacy and sensitive data concepts about Security
Benefits You Will Access
Why The Hacking Coach
Security+ SYO-601 Course Content
Domain 1.0: Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
Domain 2.0: Architecture and Design
Domain 3.0: Implementation
Domain 4.0: Operations and Incident Response:
Domain 5.0: Governance, Risk, and Compliance:
Security+ SYO-601 FAQs
It depends upon your experience and the knowledge about exam domains you already have. But four to five weeks are sufficient if you study with dedication and consistency.
The CompTIA Security+ exam has performance-based multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and drag and drop activities to challenge your problem-solving skills. The multiple-choice questions could be single- and multiple- response.
You will be allotted 90 minutes to attempts all the 90 questions in the exam.
There are two options available for taking the exam.
Online testing: In online testing, you can give the exam from any location as per your convenience. A good internet connection and a device having a webcam will be required.
In-person testing: In case, due to some reasons you are not able to take an online test, then CompTIA provides you testing options at any of Pearson VUE testing centers located across the globe.
No Reviews found for this course.