What is Python Queue?
A queue is a container that holds data. The data that is entered first will be removed first, and hence a queue is also called “First in First Out” (FIFO). The queue has two ends front and rear. The items are entered from the rear and removed from the front side.
In this Python tutorial, you will learn:
- What is Python Queue?
- How does Python Queue Work?
- Types of Queue in Python
- Python queue Installation
- Methods available inside Queue and LifoQueue class
- First In First Out Queue Example
- Last In First Out queue Example
- Add more than 1 item in a Queue
- Sorting Queue
- Reversing Queue
The queue can be easily compared with the real-world example the line of people waiting in a queue at the ticket counter, the person standing first will get the ticket first, followed by the next person and so on. The same logic goes for the queue data structure too.
To reverse the queue, you can make use of another queue and recursion.
The following example shows how to get the queue reversed.