What is C++?
C++ is widely used in general-purpose programming languages. The language allows you to encapsulates high and low-level language features. So, it is seen as an intermediate-level language. It also used to develop complex systems where the hardware level coding requires.
In this tutorial, you will learn:
- What is C++?
- What is Python?
- Why Python?
- Why C++?
- Features of C++
- Features of Python
- Applications of C++
- Applications of Python
- Python vs. C++
- Disadvantage of C++
- Disadvantages of Python
Python is a high-level object-oriented programming language. It has built-in data structures, combined with dynamic binding and typing, which makes it an ideal choice for rapid application development. Python also offers support for modules and packages, which allows system modularity and code reuse.
It is one of the fastest programming languages as it requires very few lines of code. Its emphasis is on readability and simplicity, which make it a great choice for beginners.
Here, are reasons for using Python language:
- Very simple syntax compared to Java, C, and C++ languages.
- It is used for Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and the general overarching AI field.
- Very useful in data analysis and visualization.
- Extensive library and handy tools for developers/programmer
- Python is cross-compatible
- Python has its auto-installed shell
- Compared with the code of other languages, python code is easy to write and debug. Therefore, its source code is relatively easy to maintain.
- Python is a portable language so that it can run on a wide variety of Operating systems and platforms.
- Python comes with many prebuilt libraries, which makes your development task easy.
- Python helps you to make complex programming simpler. As it internally deals with memory addresses, garbage collection.
- Python provides an interactive shell that helps you to test the things before it’s actual implementation.
- Python offers database interfaces to all major commercial DBMS systems.
- Supports imperative and functional programming
- Python is famous for its use in IoT.
Here, are reasons for using C++
- C++ is multi-paradigm means it follows three paradigms Generic, Imperative, and Object-Oriented.
- C++ provides performance and memory efficiency.
- It provides high-level abstraction.
- C++ is compatible with C.
- The language allows the reusability of code.
Here, are important features of C++
- The program should be simple, object-oriented and easy to understand
- Development should be conducted in a robust and secure environment.
- Code should follow the specific architecture and must be portable.
- Code should be easily “interpreted and dynamic “
Here, are important features of Python
- Easy to learn, read, and maintain
- It can run on various hardware platforms using the same interface.
- You can include low-level modules to the Python interpreter.
- Python offers an ideal structure and support for large programs.
- Python offers support for automatic garbage collection.
- It supports an interactive mode of testing and debugging.
- It offers high-level dynamic data types and also supports dynamic type checking.
- Python language can be integrated with Java, C, and C++ programming code
Here, are important applications of C++:
- C++ is used to develop all kinds of embedded systems like smartwatches, multimedia systems in automobiles, lot devices, etc.
- C++ also allows you to develop the servers and the high-performance microcontroller programs
- Game development is the key to C++. That’s why C++ is becoming more popular among game developers.
Here, are some important Applications of Python
- Python is widely used in machine learning
- The language allows you to manage a huge amount of data with an easy and cost-effective way.
- Data analysts use Python to analyze the data and statistical information.
- It is also useful in big data technologies. In fact, most of the significant data functions can be performed using python programming.
- Web developers use python language for developing the complex web application; that’s because Python offers the Django framework, which helps you to create the entire sites using Python.
Here, are the major difference between Python and C++
|Supports Garbage Collection||Does not support Garbage Collection|
|Python programs are easier to write||Not easy in contrast to Python because of its complex syntax.|
|Run through interpreter||C++ is pre-compiled|
|Rapid Prototyping is possible because of the small size of the code||Rapid Prototyping not possible because of larger code size|
|Python is difficult to be installed on a windows box||Not have an issue while installing in the windows system.|
|Python is nearer to plain English language. Therefore, it is easy to learn language.||C++ has a stiff learning curve as it has lots of predefined syntaxes and structure|
|Python is slower.||C++ is faster than Python|
|Python has more English like syntax, so readability is very high.||C++ code readability is weak when compared with Python code.|
|In Python, variables are accessible outside the loop.||The scope of the C++ variables is limited within the loops.|
|Famous companies using Python are Google, Lyft, Twitch, Telegram.||Famous companies using C++ are Uber technologies, Netflix, Spotify, Instagram.|
|TIOBE rating is 3||TIOBE rating is 4|
|The average salary for a Python Developer is $120,359 per year in the United States of America.||The average salary for a C++ Developer is $108,809 per year in the United States.|
Here, are cons/drawbacks of using C++ language
- It offers no security for your code
- Complex language to use in a very large high-level program.
- It is used for platform-specific applications commonly.
- When C++ used for web applications it is complex and difficult to debug.
- C++ can’t support garbage collection.
- No built-in support for threads
- C++ is not as portable as other high-level programming languages. So, when you want to compile the C++ code, you need to run it on another machine.
- If the same operation has to be executed more than one time, the same sequence has to copy at some places, which increases code redundancy.
Here, are cons/drawbacks of using Python language
- Used in fewer platforms.
- Weak in mobile computing, hence not used in app development
- As Python is dynamic, so it shows more errors at run-time
- Under-developed and primitive database access layer
- Absence of commercial support
- Python code runs through an interpreter while C++ code is pre-compiled
- Python supports Garbage Collection whereas C++ does not support Garbage Collection
- Python is slower, on the other hand, C++ is faster than Python
- In Python, Rapid Prototyping is possible because of the small size of the code while in C++, Rapid Prototyping not possible because of larger code size
- Python is easy to learn language whereas C++ has a stiff learning curve as it has lots of predefined syntaxes and structure