In this tutorial, you will learn:
- What is Python?
- Features of Python
- Application of Python
- Advantages of Python
- Disadvantages of Python
Python is a high-level object-oriented programming language. It has built-in data structures, combined with dynamic binding and typing, which makes it an ideal choice for rapid application development.
Python also offers support for modules and packages, which allows system modularity and code reuse. It is one of the fastest programming language as it requires very few lines of code. Its emphasis is on readability and simplicity, which make it a great choice for beginners.
- It’s a cross-platform language
- It’s widely used for client-side and server-side
- Strong Testing Workflow
- It’s easy to learn and to start coding with
- Offers added dependencies
Here, are important features of Python
- Easy to learn, read, and maintain
- It can run on various hardware platforms & using the same interface.
- You can include low-level modules to the Python interpreter.
- Python offers an ideal structure and support for large programs.
- Python offers support for automatic garbage collection.
- It supports an interactive mode of testing and debugging.
- It offers high-level dynamic data types and also supports dynamic type checking.
- Python language can be integrated with Java, C, and C++ programming code
- Easy concurrency support via goroutines
- Fast compilation times
- Statically linked binaries which are simple to deploy
- It allows you to build secure and scalable applications.
- Dynamic Single-Page Applications (SPAs)
- Server-Side technologies like MongoDB, Node.js, and Express.js are based on Java Script.
- It also uses for mobile app development using React, PhoneGap, etc.
Here are important applications of Python:
- Language for AI, Machine learning and deep learning
- Rapid prototyping web scripting
- Ad hoc programming
- Scientific applications
- XML processing
- Database applications
- Used for GUI applications
|TOBIE rating is 7||TOBIE rating is 3|
- It is an open-source project
- Specially designed tool for small scripts
- Supports classes, interfaces, & modules.
- Allows cross-compilation
- It provides immediate feedback to the visitors
- It allows you to create interfaces that react when the user hovers using the mouse.
Here, are pros/benefits for using Python language:
- Python is a powerful object-oriented programming language.
- Uses an elegant syntax, making the program you write easier to read.
- Python comes with a large standard library, so it supports many common programming tasks.
- Runs on various types of computers and operating systems: Windows, macOS, Unix, OS/2,etc.
- Very simple syntax compared to Java, C, and C++ languages.
- Extensive library and handy tools for developers
- Python has its auto-installed shell
- Compared with the code of other languages, python code is easy to write and debug. Therefore, its source code is relatively easy to maintain.
- Python is a portable language so that it can run on a wide variety of operating systems and platforms.
- Python comes with many prebuilt libraries, which makes your development task easy.
- Python helps you to make complex programming simpler. As it internally deals with memory addresses, garbage collection.
- Python provides an interactive shell that helps you to test the things before its actual implementation.
- Python offers database interfaces to all major commercial DBMS systems.
Here, are cons/drawback of using Python language:
- Used in fewer platforms.
- Weak in mobile computing, hence not used in app development
- As Python is dynamic, so it shows more errors at run-time.
- The under-developed and primitive database access layer
- Absence of commercial support
- People want to learn machine learning, data science, and neural networks should consider learning Python